Powerful. Progressive. Prophetic.
“What does our religion say… to those who stand, at a moment in human history, with their backs against the wall?” ~ Rev Dr Howard Thurman, "Jesus and the Disinherited"
Living Water United Church of Christ is a Social Justice church.
The heart of our social justice lies within our Urban Ministry and our alliance with P.O.W.E.R (Pennsylvanians Organized to Witness Empower and Rebuild). Both avenues drive our church to stand as advocates for the justice issues:
- Feeding the Hungry
- Living Wage for the working poor
- Full fair funding for our school district
- Prophetic Voter Campaign
- Caring for our Returning Citizens
- Women's Reproductive Rights
- Marriage Equality
- Counseling and Health resources for Mentally ILL